February 26, 2015

Factory Reset Table from China

My niece has a tablet from China. She enabled the pattern security but ended forgot what her pattern. So during CNY, she asked me to fix it. I googled and had lots of information but at the end only one way work for me. So here I'm listing what have I done

1. Reset using google ID. --> Not working. It mention need to have internet connection. Although we have wifi connected, it still not working.The same user ID & paswrd is OK to log in on PC.
2. Some websites asked to press  power button + volume to enter DOS like environment and do factory reset --> Not working for this tablet. Only highend android. Check this link for multiple combination of resetting your tablet
3. Using Android MultiTool --> Worked but with slight changes on driver installation. I can't install the driver using  any of this method. . However I found a good guide. Install driver from Samsung: SAMSUNG USB Driver v1.5.33.0.The restart. Then go to device manager and look for Android device. Update the driver manually. Choose from Samsung USB driver -->ADB interface. It work perfectly. Once the driver has been installed, open Android multitool. Type :1, check if u can detect the device. Then Type 5 to wipe off the data. All set to go

Please note : The main thing, this Android multitool need to detect ADB device

No comments: