April 25, 2016

Another chapter of life

Insya allah something new will happen to my life next year. I promised my friend to wrote down every details of it. I blogged abt chasing aurora end of last year. I wrote that i was going for travel that wasn't in my travel plan at all. I doesn't like winter & cold but fate divert me to Iceland when my project got cancel and I have friend that planning to go to Iceland during that time. Even for my friend, the initial plan was to spend thanksgiving on train ride across US but it was change to Iceland due to some advertisement pop up that make my friend believe that was a sign. What sign exactly, at that time we don’t know. That happen somewhere in Jun/July which I always tease my friend maybe there will be a real “aurora” there.

There were few route to Iceland and I end up choose stopover in Edinburgh as one of my close friend when i was in Penang just started her PHD there. I remember my promise to send her off in KL but due to work, i didn't. So I decided to pay her visit. Initially i plan to land in London as it has cheaper flight fare & I so wanted to run in Hyde park ( One of the thing i regret not doing during my UK time), but due to limited time, hassle to go to airport, I decided just stop at Edinburgh. So all planned and booked.

 A few days before my departure date, I got to know about a colleague who got a job in UK. I wasn’t close with him so I didn’t know where he go. Somehow during lunch break another friend gossip about that and I got the company name. I did try to apply for a UK job last 2 years when i decided to move from my previous company. However the results wasn’t favour me and to be honest at that time i wasn’t ready. I want to go because I have a very close friend that got job there and I envy him but at the same time my heart still doesn’t want to go. It not want I really want. I still love my new house, i doesn’t want to experience the loneliness.. yadayada.. Anyway mid last year after German trip, the desire to go out from Malaysia to experience new life is increasing. During a medical checkup, I got to know that I had a small tumour in my liver. After further evaluation, it diagnose as not cancerous. But the experience of going through that make me realise I wasn’t fully utilise my life. Allah is so kind to give me reminder that anything can happen, that tumour can be cancerous. So after come back from German, I did try to apply to either UK or europe job.. but NIL. All required me to have working visa. I kind of give up and follow the flow of my current life. So when I know this guys got a job in UK, so I know that company is willing to give visa sponsorship. So that night, i went home, being a curious little girl as I am, i google the website. Found, click the career link and i saw there still have opening. The opening is in Edinburgh and I’m going to Edinburgh. What a coincidence. A day before my departure date I was working late to enable some checks. While waiting for my simulation to complete, i update my resume and applied for the job. That just about 1 day before my departure date.
I remember during that period that I really want to change. I even register for Germany class while waiting for my flight so that it ease me to get job in German which some of friend said no need, because germany speak english but I don’t care. I just want to close any gap that I might have.
So when i reach Edinburgh, i got an email for THE company. Asking what is my contact number so that they can call me for interview. I replied the email and he arranged an hour phone interview the week after because I had to travel to Iceland plan the next day. In Iceland, i met my friend and told and even show my friend the email that I got (excitedly). After not seeing each other for like 9 months, what i got was a “SCOLD”. My friend was so angry at me on how I replied the email and the fact that I settled with phone interview when next week I actually in Edinburgh and the company are in Edinburgh and as bonus — I’m bad at conversation. So I had to re-write and re-send my reply to ask if they want to see me face to face instead. The interviewer was so kind to arrange my onsite interview and it just happen the hiring Manager was on site on the schedule date. So that guy help to re-arrange 3 interview back to back for me. 
The interview went well.. and i got the job. It was so unexpected. I guess this is what Allah plan for me. He know my little heart desire, my fear & my doubt. He only grant it when i’m ready and really want it. So far, except for my house, the whole process has been smooth and easy. My mom was staying with me most of the time but due to this changes in my life, she has to go back home town for now and coincidently my younger sis who currently stay there, got her new house. So she moving out her stuff out from my mom’s house so my mum can has a comfortable time when she in Malaysia.
I hope and pray my life in Edinburgh will give a different meaning and bring a different perspective of life. 


No comments: