August 01, 2015

Hajj ... the journey

I never been to mecca. So haven't done the umrah or the hajj. To be honest, i dont have strong urge to do it yet. Hajj is the last pillar of islam. By complete it means i have completed checklist all 5 pillar of islam but yet i still struggle with the other pillar. Zakat is the easiest one. Maybe i still feel it more ritual then spiritual. The hardest is solat and fasting. Actually solat is hardest. Fasting as it is not eating n drinking is ok. But to fast from other form of lust n sin is hardest. I like gossip very much. I struggle to hate it. The hatred, the anger all is so hard to throw it away. For solat there are so much struggle that i hv. Struggle to be aware what i recite every solat, struggle to pray at the early time, struggle to enjoy the solat as it is a gift rather than obligation. Sigh. So having all this struggle, to be honest i feel  scared of doing hajj. I told my friend i scared to see the dark side of people but to think abt it, i sacred of the struggle and  i know i'm not ready. Even in a place where i can do my prayer anytime n how many time i want but my heart are sway to other thing :(. Hajj is a journey and really hope i can embark a real spritual journey with it not just ritual. Not something that i do and didnt get any impact after that.  I want a journey that i appreciate and can change me to a better person. That will be the strong enclose to my islam pillar. 
Wah. Actually i want to write abt something else. Hahaha. As we in 1mdb mode, so i want to pen down my disagreement of the concept of using 1mdb money to fund imam or bilal or pkk for hajj. Shouldn't hajj is individual struggle? I know a nasi lemak seller in my kg who sell nasi lemak n save the money n use it that money for hajj. Wouldnt that is sweeter journey n sacrifice?  1mdb is tax payor money n ppl are not happy of how it being use. I dont know if the money is consider halal or not and we using it for the pillar of islam. If we build a house with a weak n vague pillar, it so easy to wipe off by tsunami. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melloyz. saje nak share ayat ni dgn ko just fyi.
Siyam/soum is to "fast" in arabic.

Surah Maryam, Verse 26:
فَكُلِي وَاشْرَبِي وَقَرِّي عَيْنًا فَإِمَّا تَرَيِنَّ مِنَ الْبَشَرِ أَحَدًا فَقُولِي إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ صَوْمًا فَلَنْ أُكَلِّمَ الْيَوْمَ إِنسِيًّا

So eat and drink and refresh the eye. Then if you see any mortal, say: Surely I have vowed a fast to the Beneficent Allah, so I shall not speak to any man today.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran