June 28, 2016

Menses n ramadhan

Recently viral la plak pasal this lady yg purposely eating in restaurant during ramadhan n kena harassed with other muslim folk. She was doing that on purpose to fight for the right of mense women to eat without any shame.  To be honest ... I'm with her side. The shocked part for me, wasnt that she being harrased but emm almost all my facebook friend which are mostly girls are against her. And the comment on her post doesnt show that those people actually respect ramadhan although doing pong pang pong pang ckp she didn't respect ramadan.

To be honest, for me not eating in restaurant, never really abt respect the ramadhan or people who fasting. People who fasting won't be in cafe anyway so it never really about respecting the people.. The worker maybe fasting but they actually aware they are working in cafe right.. Anyway that not the point... the main thing, ramadan itself is a holy month not only for you not eating and drinking.. it more bigger than that. We hv to banyak2 bersabar. For you to harass people during ramadhan, do you really think that act is to show respect to ramadan?  Beside that i really think all of us are not respecting ramadhan as it should be. We spend lots of money in baju raya la kasut raya la barang2 raya la. If we really respect ramadhan we should control our shopping desired. We also buy and cook lot of dishes which is really a waste. One normal meal should be more than enough.  Tapi ketamakan beli murtabak la, bihun goreng la.. kuih muih.  If we so respect the ramadan, we will not have pasar ramadan mcm cendawan tumbuh or bazar raya. Those are really againts the ramadan's value. So should we blame someone who entitled not to fast, that she not respecting ramadhan by eating in a restaurant while we encourage and even approve the raya sales and shopping? But again, our community always mixed up the priority. Babi is so haram while duit kopi is normal as long we dont kena saman or to expediate any payment. Don't quran say we can eat pork during emergency but there is none in quran said u can accept bribe or taking orphan money. I know lots of people will not agree with me... but before you bash or x puas hati maybe just for a second really think, what really the reason we angry with her.. Before we labelling her, think about ourselves. How much has we respect ramadan this year... Even after you think about it and you still not agree, i think rather than put labelling status what so ever, maybe talk to her and understand her point of view. You will be surprise how 2 different thing can be true in different view.
 I was brought up to be shame of having my mense. Even to buy pad is kind of shame. I remember i use to wrap the pad with paper every time i buy it. It slowly change when i get older, although now i still slightly conscious to buy in front of guys that i know but i don't care if i dont know them.   always dream of a day where i have courage to eat in cafe during ramadhan rather than starve myself. i normally will have headache on my first day of mense during ramadhan. Maybe lack pf water etc. but i just dont have "ball" to do it. If i really cant tahan, i will drive back and buy roti to eat at home or eat in car. Even to eat in cubicle pun rasa segan takut org lalu. I suffered for something  wasn't even a sin to begin with..I just felt shame that people know that i'm having my mense. Is it wrong to have my menses? No.   I know lots of my friend suffer the same thing.. we rela to curi2 makan when people didn't see it rather that having a normal meal. I don't think anyone should be a shame of it.. although to be honest, it so hard to break through. Even now, I'm in UK, i still think should i eat in cafe during my menses? Later what should i tell my colleague? What will people say ... YES that one of the main thing.. we so afraid utk org cakap apa. We so mold to society... even in my mind, the shopping is even worst than eating in public in term of menghormatkan ramadan, nobody give a damn when u shop.....

No comments: