September 03, 2008

Quota

kadang2 manusia ni pelik. Sekarang ni non-malay nak kesama rata-an kat Malaysia. I can understand the feeling tapi lebih pelik sebab some of Malays yang rasa all the privillege make them feel not confident. Make they feel, its because of all the subsidy, all the quota that give them a chance to do that. Kenapa aku rasa pelik? emm first of all, memang la all the quota/subsidy tu untuk org yang handicap .. so kalau rasa x handicap, nape nak amik gak. For example.. if you rasa nak masuk university .. try your best in your SPM. You should know better what u answer for your SPM right and if you feel, you not suppose to be accept to university based on your result, give the place to some other ppl. Why you nak amik gak. If you rasa you deserve because you felt that your environment didnt help you for study (you need to take care your bro and sis while ur parents go to work and weekend ur work part time etc) then it cause your result teruk but if you given a chance you will make it.. then apa nak pertikaikan confident. You are handicap.. and people give you chance so your son will have conducive environment for their growth. So use the chance and improve yourself and your family. Pastu lagi satu ... do we really have to care if we deserve to be where we are .. I think what we should be thinking .. God give us chance.. so do all the best. For me, I do feel NEP give me way to create my own path. If i wasnt be chosen to SBP, I'm not sure what my SPM result will be .. what my dream will be ... what I will be. People can say that ... aa.. u should have confident to yourself. Yes I do have but I cant deny the fact those thing are helping to shape my life. Back in my kampung before my UPSR, people didnt really care abt education.. and me too. Nobody study during exam ..we just follow the flow. We play.. play and watch TV. Even when my teacher - Cikgu Hamisan asked us what we want for UPSR, I'm so clueless. We just say 4A's without mean it. There is no peer pressure ..etc. We have parents that ask us "blaja rajin rajin" but we didnt see how really important eduction to us. But I think things are different in boarding school. People start discussion abt subject even one month before exam. The girl finish the homeworks and we really mean when we say 8A's for PMR. We try hard for that and because your friend try hard, your teacher try hard .. you too will try hard. Those golden years actually shapen yourself. So for me, all the quota is need for the handicap like me last time .. but I think I'm no longer handicap .. so my kids ( if I ever have one) he/she should be treated as normal person and its my task to make sure she up to the competition world. :). So I do agree the NEP, quota etc should be end in future .. not because it cause Malays not confident etc, but because we taking others portion ...and its not right!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

many ppl will not agree wif u fren...but i accede wif u....

we hv been in the comfort zone 4 so long....maybe its time 2 face up 2 some competition...

*akukah pengkhianat bangsa?? naahhh...i dont think so...

melloyz said...

tak le puy. aku x rasa ko penghianat bangsa. bila pikir2 .. this privillege or what so ever will go away someday. It just a matter of when... Aku rasa what we have to was nt really mempertahankan but to educate Malays that they are not special but handicap. It will be so sad if someday this privillege go away and the Malays still dreaming. We will be left behind very far. At least if we realize now and grab all the chance we will par with them when all of this go away. I have been observing my non-malay friend. They are normal human being. Is not that they have extra one brain etc. But i do agree they have higher fighting spirit and want to be succeed. I think they have higher dream and target in life rather Malay.

naiza said...

I agree that its fair for not having any quota. but I just hope, really hope the malays who are fighting for this know what's the consequences are. I hope they know what they are doing to our anak bangsa. I hope they know that they are trying to waste everything that our old leaders has been fighting for. I'm just afraid that, more malays will turn out to be drug addicts and mat rempit and such.

But, I will never know. Maybe the malays will fight for their survival at the time when no one cares about them. they will be more independent and work hard to succeed. Or they will do rally and such to change the prime minister again.

whatever it is, I really hope that we will still be in peace. and I will still feel safe in my country. and we can still eat fast food cause we know its halal. and

I dont want 13th May to happen again. because I have doubt..

Anonymous said...

aku rasa the malays are still handicapped .....you're right that one day we should abolished this quota thingy....not in the nearest time though...i for one wouldn't want to gamble our race's future just because 'somebody' wants to be politically correct....