October 17, 2016

Night Class.

Recently i joined 2 night class. How arts work and write that story.. Both are quite different from my normal genre of science.. and I'm the dumbest of all.. hahahaha. But really especially how art works is quite eye opening for me. I've been a pure digital girl .. math & science kind of girl and to be in the class where all is subjective is really hard for me. My first day in class, i really clueless... i don't have idea why did i even join this class.. The teacher look at me and felt so lucky that I didn't join for credit. But the last 2 class was quite interesting to be honest. We look at the painting and most people (except me) will give their opinion about the photo. How the composition might means different thing, how the painter play with colour to bring the depth or some vibration to the painting, the axis that suggest what the painter intent to draw the viewer on certain subject... It also mention about how color evolve from 14th century ... and how people become creative and try their hard to get and produce newer color.. I always thought only technology evolve .. and for art, it just about talents but hey .. i didn't give justice to art.. As much as people try very hard in science, those people try hard as well in arts.. They do lots of advancement to the point what we know today..
When i visited museum, i always wonder WHY WHY must the photo or the sculpture is naked.. WHY WHY must always jesus and virgin mary or some saint with that little bulb on the head .. but little that I know.. for you to appreciate more, it not really about the subject but it about how the artist express his/her feeling towards that subject. I went to national gallery again yesterday.. i see beyond the bible story.. I see how the artist try to make virgin mary important ..  and how people try to portray what they believe in their masterpiece. I still have lots to learn but one thing that I know, there is so many thing in this world that I don't know or i think i know but i just bullshitting myself....
Can't wait for different thing next sem.. I plan to take archeology and philosophy..  Can't wait... some more got field trip for the archeology and nicer when you don't have to sit for exam .. hahahaha..

No comments: