July 26, 2014

RM1 different and color of your skin...

In my high school whatsapps group, we are talking abt the latest racial tension in Malaysia where this Chow Jack wrote some nasty status or I rather said some sick racial comment. Some of my friend mention, it maybe better if malaysia not multi racial.. just like Japan & Korea. I dont think it is true .. as somehow ppl always has differences .. and they like to label thing. I told her, even there is only one race, we will fight against other thing maybe different state.
Today my mum went to yearly raya market to buy some meat and other stuff. When she asked how much per kg for the meat, the seller who is a "bugis"Malay told her that 1kg = RM27. She asked for a discount but the seller said .. it really the price.. cannot nego. So she just forked her money and pay off. Then before she left, there is another bugis Malay ask for the same meat.. Guess what .. he only need to pay RM26 per kg. Just because he is bugis, he got RM1 cheaper. See ...even both my mum & the other buyer's IC bear Malay as the race, but we hv sub divide to bugis, jawa, xxxx... Now is only a micro problem.. but when there is only one race, all this sub divider will be come magnified and become major issue again..
I don't think all this issue will stop if we keep on focus on getting similarity or expect other to understand us rather learnt on the differences. I crossed with this ayat in Quran... Allah told us that He made us into nations and tribes so that we may know each other,, go figure my friend.. This is a direct order from God. In my opinion it hold higher priority than our chipsmore mode of boycott McD/Starbuck .. :)

Yusuf Ali: O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

1 comment:

Storyteller said...

What mean is it? So expensive ;)