December 01, 2010

what your definition of happiness

Tadi tgk drama melayu - dia atilia. So couple ni just found out yg wifenya pregnant n give the good news to their parents. Of course the parents are super duper happy. My friend tetiba asked .. " Bila la kita nak kasik this good news to our parents..and asked my mum ... makcik suka x kalau imah kasik news ni ". My mum nak jawab but can't seems to find the correct answer so the question just left hanging. I respect my mum for not saying yes or at least try to think abt it.

I felt that getting married/getting pregnat is not marker yg boleh indicate your kids happiness and we should not impose that idea & our hope to kids. Of course we should feel happy if somehow our kids decide to get marry or they are expecting a baby etc but should not put that as a checklist of our own happiness.  I think parents should feel happy for all the thing that your kids achieved doesnt matter what is it as long as the kids are growing ( bukan memanjang ya .. but  growing la).. A small milestone in your kids life should be our big happiness. 

I noticed, when the kids is baby, all parents are super duper excited with the kids growth. Everything is super zoom especially for the first kids. Excited with our kids first words la .. our kids boleh meniarap la .. etc. But as they grow older especially when they finish their college, parents will stop to notice n celebrate those meaningfull milestone moment. We look for something more material like married la, baby la, buying car la , buying hse la...
 Like having a baby, the first happiness should base on the fact that our kids will have their wonderful parenting experience instead of we will have our OWN grandkid.

And if i'll become a parents one day, I hope i still believe the most important is what they want in their life n what make them happy. Of course something yg purely right la as I believe people will only be happy forever if they doing the right things. Purely right must be something that we really believe by heart .. not something we give our own excuses so that it will be right ( ok .. bullet to myself).

And I prayed n i hope that my kids will find someone that they can share their dreams and someone that can help ease their emotion burden. But if somehow fate decide that they doesnt have opposite partner, I'll die happily if their life is surrounded by good people that will always cherish them.

So in another 35 years if i still alive n someone asked me similar question ... my answer will be . "Seeing how they growing for the past 30 years is already happiness to me". Why 35? hahahah... another 5 years ... married or not, i plan to hv a kids. bukan bayi tabung uji etc but plan for adoption. I dont want to lose that parenting experience and i really hope my parents are happy with my decision.

3 comments:

*Ojah* said...

alamak menusuk kalbu la imah post ko kali nie.. sayer setuju pasal adoption tu..

videLcute said...

i am with u with the adoption idea.

ejah said...

i'm with u imah! :)

happiness is a subjective matter. the most important thing is to always be grateful to Allah for what we are now ;)